I am currently on maternity leave and will be running courses again in September 2014. If you would like to be contacted when course dates have been set, please email me and I will be in touch.
On this site you will find information about my training and special needs consultancy. I also run a variety of Makaton workshops, including Signing for Babies in Northwood, Hillingdon.
What is Makaton?
- a language programme using signs and symbols to help people to communicate
- designed to support spoken language
- signs and symbols are used with speech, in spoken word order
- a registered charity
What are the benefits of using Makaton?
- signing while speaking encourages speech and language development
- helps develop early communication skills (eye contact, turn taking, attention, gesture)
- reduces frustration
- facilitates social interaction
- helps builds relationships
For more information please visit the Makaton website. The details are in the 'Useful Links' section.